Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our pet duck.....for a day

Josh and his friend found a baby duck  above the house. They brought it home and the kids wanted to keep it for a pet. They had big plans to dig it a pool to swim in, but I told them we would enjoy it for a couple of days and then set him free in Springlake. (I thought it was a good compromise).
This poor little duck didn't have a very good chance to survive. we could not get him to eat, and not to mention all the neighbor kids constantly picking him up. (he was very popular on our street). zach especially had a hard time letting him be. After one short day our little pet duck died. Everyone blamed Zach for strangling it to death, I am not convinced that he did that, but he cried none the less.
Anyway all the neighbor kids got together to give him a propper burial, making a head stone, gathering flowers, and remembering the good times I suppose (as many as you can have in a day).
Josh had named him Golfball, because he thought he was a golfball at first.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

RIP Golfball. Hope you had the best time in Hawaii, call me!

Unknown said...

I named it Golfball cuz i was going to throw a golfball at him then we decided to catch him.